For all those who have been long using iTunes with their Apple device, it seems that switching to another device is not possible. The biggest constrain comes in the form of your own music collection that seems to be literally tagged to the Apple device that you have been using for quite some time. Now that you want your Android Tablet or Android Smartphone to have that music collection but you are perplexed as you don’t know the process of doing this. You are aware that direct sync is not possible as for now but there are other options that you can use.
The easiest way of transferring your music files to your Android device is to take help of third-party app. Using a third-party sync is the best that you can do. The most popular choice is doubleTwist that comes handy for Android. You can easily connect to your desktop system through this app to sync your music. This works well with iTunes for transferring your files with USB.
You can get this app on Google Play; from there you can install it on your desktop. It will then start checking for iTunes library with available songs for syncing. One thing that you need to remember is that tracks that are non-DRM will become a part of syncing. Now all you need to do is plug in your device using USB. Select the tracks that you want to transfer from the Music Tab and tap sync option.
Interestingly, if you are the one who would like to take things further, then using the AirSync will cost you a bit. The in-app purchase will help you transfer songs without using USB.
The traditional way of moving your files to another device is the manual transfer. We all are familiar with this. This can be done by using USB transfer; all you need to do is apply the following steps:
- Go to the File Browser of your system
- Launch iTunes library
- A list of folders will be generated that contains AAC files
- Connect your Android Smartphone or Android tablet with USB
- Ensure that your device is displayed as a directory not as PTP or MTP
- If you are using Mac then you will require file transfer utility that can be obtained from Google
Using App to Transfer Music
Synctunes is one such app that works well with iTunes and Android as well. You can choose from its free version that has a bit of ads and the premium version costing $3.00. Apply the following steps to sync music to your Android device:
- Download Synctunes to your Android Smartphone and another desktop version on your desktop or Windows PC
- Launch the app on your Android phone and check the IP address appearing at the page bottom
- Now launch the app of Synctunes on your desktop and enter the IP address, playlist will appear
- Select the category and hit ‘Start Sync’ option
- Your media files will appear in a window, click ‘Yes’ to proceed with syncing, when it is complete a dialog box will appear stating successful transfer of files.
Utilizing the tips mentioned above you can…